Massage, or soft tissue therapy is used to treat a wide range of muscular conditions & disorders. Our Physiotherapists and Remedial Massage Therapists here at Centre Sports & Spinal use a range of techniques to help alleviate pain & restore function. Techniques used during the consultation are varied and personalised for the condition and client's needs. These may include; remedial massage, sports massage, trigger point therapy, deep tissue massage and myofascial release. Our therapists can use a multitude of techniques in conjunction, thus relieving pain and improving performance quickly and effectively.
The benefits of massage therapy include:
- Improved circulation
- Decreased stress levels through promoting relaxation
- Decreased muscle tension and pain
- Improved range of motion
- Reduction of post-injury scar tissue that limits range of motion
- Improved recovery rate
- Feeling of well-being as a result of released endorphins
- Improved sleep patterns
- Improve posture by removing tensions that affect posture
- Relieve stress and anxiety
Massage therapy can be provided by both our Physiotherapists and Remedial Massage Therapists, however please note that massage provided by our Physiotherapists is charged at a higher rate - please see our online bookings page for more information about our fees.